Visit The Historic Old City
For over a hundred years, folks have enjoyed the Old City for its vibrant nightlife. From saloons and vaudeville, to 1920s jazz, to the rock shows of today, nighttime entertainment is part of Old City culture. Whether you’re looking for a pub, dance club, live music, the best pizza in town or an opportunity to watch glass blowing while drinking beer, the Old City’s nighttime offerings are hard to rival.
During the day, Knoxville’s “Creative Corridor” is thriving with graphic designers, ad agencies, photographers and architects. Enjoy a local coffee as you browse the shops and art galleries. Grab a tamale or fancy hot dog for lunch and let the grand Victorian buildings take you back in time to when the railroad brought booming industry to the area.
- 23 BARS & NIGHTCLUBS
- 1 CONCERT HALL
- 17 RESTAURANTS
- 3 COFFEE HOUSES
- 20 RETAIL SHOPS
- 2 DISTILLERIES
Once known as the Bowery, the Old City has a bit of a dark past, filled with stories of crime and murder. It held the region’s highest density of saloons and Knoxville’e red-light district.
TROLLEY GREEN LINE
The Knoxville Trolley has been running since 1876. The Green Line goes around downtown and through the Old City.
It runs every 10 minutes and is free for all passengers. Monday–Thursday 7:00am–8:00pm Fridays 7:00am–10:00pm Saturdays 9:00am–10:00pm
FREE PARKING PAY FOR PARKING TROLLEY & STOPS
- 24/7 Free Parking along the street
Free Covered Parking
- 24/7 Free Parking under the interstate overpass next to Barley’s
Jackson Ave. Lot #2
- 401 W. Jackson Ave. $.50/30 minutes, $4 max, Free for special events 190 spots · Cash or credit
Jackson Ave. Lot #1
- 109 W. Jackson Ave. Weekdays before 5pm: $5 max, after 5pm: $8 max Saturday-Sunday: $8 max 109 spots · Cash or credit
- 206 E. Jackson Ave. Sunday 6am to Friday 5pm: $2/12 hrs Weekends: $5/12 hrs 80 spots · Cash Only
- 207 E. Jackson Ave. Sunday 6am to Friday 5pm: $2/12 hrs Weekends: $5/12 hrs 130 spots · Cash Only
Central St. Lot
- 130 S. Central St. Weekdays: $5 daily max Evenings and weekends: $8 105 spots · Cash or credit