Friday, Dec 7th
A convention of Santas and their many Helpers – dressed as Santa, Elves, Reindeer, etc.
Christmas Parade at 7 pm
Make your way to the Old City to gather and watch the parade!
Photo at 9 pm
After the parade, we’ll meet at Jackson & Central for a photoshoot with all your fellow Santas!
Pub Crawl from 10 pm – 3 am
10pm PostModern Spirits /Pour Taproom
10:30pm Central Depot
11pm Barley’s Knoxville
11:30pm Merchants of Beer
At Midnight we’ll release the Santas on the rest of your favorite places in the Old City!
Quick tips for Santa and all helpers
Must have your ID out and ready at the door
Close your tab after each drink
Tip your bartenders, because Santa is good like that
Don’t forget to take lots of pictures and post them to our Facebook event page. We’ve even created a Facebook Frame to take your photos in! We’d also like you to make a report of how your SantaCon in the Old City went. Give us all the reindeer details.
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS…PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS!!!!
- Santa dresses for all occasions. It’s December. Dress to maximize merriment whether singing Christmas carols in the snow, or swinging from the rafters. Wear multiple layers of Red, White & Green!!!! If you need some new digs – check out this link to get a new Santa Suit →
- Santa does NOT make children cry. Really – If you see kids, be nice!! Offer them candy canes or a nice inexpensive toy (optional). Parents and Tourists are a different matter altogether — adjust based on their attitude.
- BRING CASH. Pay for your drinks and tip the bar staff, we want to be able to this again. Bribery gets you everywhere! Also pay for your beer or drink as soon as you get it. Other Santas get tired of waiting on Santas to pay their tab before being able to move on.
- Bring gifts — NAUGHTY or NICE gifts for grown-ups; NICE stuff to give kids. Throwing coal or any “gifts” at people is ALWAYS frowned upon and discouraged no matter who they are.
- This is your Santa Mantra – Please memorize:
* Who’s in charge? “Santa”
* What organization are you with? “Santa”
* What are you here for? “To have fun!”
* How did you get here? “A sleigh and eight reindeer”
* Where are you going next? “I’m only allowed to tell you if you wear this hat and buy me a beer.”
- Santa Does Not Whine or Complain! Be Jolly & Merry!!
- No Santa left behind. Santa doesn’t like that. Pick a few people you know and keep an eye out for them when it’s time to move to the next location. If you don’t see them, speak up so everyone waits. Every Santa should have at least 2-3 other Santas they look out for and that look out for them.
- Watching Santa get goofy and tipsy is fun. Babysitting Santa while they get sick in an alley is NOT! Don’t be that Santa… Please realize that this indeed is an event to have a heck of a lot of fun, and of course, with the assistance of liquor. It is NOT, however, an event to get drunk or disorderly, Santa DOES NOT insult, fight, degrade, or participate in any other asshat behavior towards ANYONE THAT RUN or are patrons of the places that we visit.
Remember, we’re LUCKY that they let THIS many Santas into their places of business – and we’d like to keep coming back. Also, there is no “bail fund” for incarcerated Santa – so you’ll be on your own with that.
- Dress up – Get into the Santa-Spirit!! You don’t have to dress as Santa proper. Variations of Santa-ness are welcome and appreciated! Variants of elves or reindeer or anything else Santa-ish, is fine as well. If you come in just a Santa hat—You will be laughed at and candy-caned!!
- Not all of these guidelines should be taken literally
- Some of these guidelines should be taken very seriously. If you can’t work out which ones they are then you should not be part of SantaCon.
- Santas that drink should make sure that they can get safely home, make arrangements to do so – having a DD-Elf/Santa or take Uber/Lyft. NO casualties! We suggest carpooling as much as possible or just get a hotel room. The more Santii in each vehicle, the fewer individuals need to remain dry.
If you still have questions about anything related to SantaCon – please visit their website →